Have we talked about left overs yet?

On the day after our pork tenderloin dinner which my family is still raving about (what can I say, they are easy to please) it occurs to me that this particular day will be an extremely busy one for me and my kiddos.  In between therapy for the baby (he is 2 now, I really should stop referring to him as the baby), various errands to the bank, the market (yes I call grocery shopping the market), and perhaps stopping to have coffee with a friend my day gets busy and I haven't even mentioned laundry and dishes and making beds and sorting toys!


So let's talk left overs!  Rarely do we have left overs in this house, I just don't like them so I only make enough for our family dinner.  Yes this means I am cooking every night of the week but I like cooking so it's not so much a chore for me.  The actual chore would be deciding on what our meal is going to be and then going to the market to get all the ingredients.  I am not so prepared as my close friend Jessica who sits down on Sunday and writes out her meal plans.  (She also sends me awesome recipes to try out too) I'm just too scattered to be that smart with my time!

On this particular night we had a baseball game for my oldest son and it was my night to work (??) with some particularly fabulous two and three years olds at the church.  Now while getting ready for work and baseball I had to also help my son with his homework and get the baby to stop putting his peanut butter sandwich in the WII machine.  I know, I know (wearily shaking my head in agreement) your wondering why someone gave me their children to raise aren't you?  Some days I wonder too. 

It's days and nights like this when I'm glad I made a pork tenderloin for dinner the night before.  This is one meal we will have "left overs" for!  Pulled Pork Sandwiches - mmmm good! 

Here is what your going to get from the grocery store:  Rolls and BBQ Sauce (if your out) and cheese (whatever kind you want).

Take that pork tenderloin and grab your Salad Choppers and start cutting this into small bite size pieces.  Add extra BBQ sauce and microwave it till it's warm. 

Next your going to take your medium scoop and scoop about 2 or 3 scoops onto the roll (depending on the size of your rolls of course, we usually get the hoagie style rolls).  Now you can stop here as it is good to go.  OR you can do what my husband likes and cook it in the toaster machine with cheese (we like a sharp cheddar)! 

Add some potato salad and some chips and taa-daa dinner is ready!  Which is a good thing because once again we are gonna be late for baseball!!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds great, Brie. I agree with you on the liking to cook and not liking the planning and buying part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delish! I love anything in a hoagie roll.

    ReplyDelete